Balanced score card is strategic management technique for communicating and evaluating the achievement of strategy and mission of an organization.
Contract manufacturing is the use of external suppliers for the finished products,components or service instead of producing or providing them in house.
Reasons for popularity of contract manufacturing in recent times are;
- Contracting out manufacturing free capital that can then be invested in core activities such as market research, marketing and sales
You are the management account of group of companies and your managing director has asked you to explore the possibilities of introducing a zero based system experimentally in one of the operating companies in place of its existing orthodox system.
- Explain how zero-base budgeting would work within the company chosen
- What advantages it might offer over the existing system?
- What problems might be faced in introducing a zero-base budgeting scheme?
- The future you would look for in selecting the operating company for the introduction in order to obtain the most beneficial result from the experiment.
Straight line depreciation is the method of depreciation where the depreciable amount is charged in equal amount to each reporting period over expected useful life of an asset.
Depreciation charge for the year is calculated by the following formula
= cost of asset less expected residual value/expected useful life (years)